1929 Newton Herbert Street donated 82 acres of land to found the Alice Newton Street Park in memory of his mother.
1930 Chester H. Hitchcock, an original member of the Association, donated 2.5 acres of land adjoining the Alice Newton Street Memorial Park in order to create an entrance on Meeting House Lane.
1938 Newton H. Street donated the land comprising the southeast corner of the Woodbridge Town Green. This property was obtained from the First Ecclesiastical Society by exchange.
1957 Dorothy Heise donated approximately 1 acre of land adjacent to the park to provide a right-of-way from Old Mill Road. Mrs. Heise served as secretary of the Association from 1963 to 1967.
1987/1988 Mrs. Frederick Kingsbury donated 3.9 acres of land adjacent to the park, extending the boundaries on the west side to include a portion of the Wepawaug River.
1986/1988 Establishment of the Newton Road Park with gifts of land by Dennis Nicotra (6 acres) and Harry Grossman on behalf of the Woodbridge Estates (1 acre).
1989 Harry Grossman (on behalf of the Woodbridge Estates) donated 7.8 acres on the northwester corner of the Alice Newton Street Memorial Park.
2004 The Association purchased, at a deeply discounted price, 5.67 acres from Woodbridge Estate Associates on Hampton Drive adjacent to the existing 7 acres on Newton Road.
2006 The Association, together with the Town of Woodbridge and the Amity and Woodbridge Historical Society, purchased a Conservation Easement consisting of 6.41 acres at 48 Center Road, the “so-called Hitchcock property”, to preserve its open space and historical character.
2006 Elaine Glass donated 9.4 acres contiguous to the west side of the Alice Newton Street Memorial Park in memory of her husband, Joseph Glass.
2008 Anne Calabresi donated a Conservation Restriction to the Association to protect the open space condition of 15.1 acres bordering Amity Road near the Bethany town line.
Please consider making a donation to the Woodbridge Park Association.